|Object Name||Spinning Wheel|
J.G. Fox, original owner, brought wheel from Pennsylvania to Iowa in 1854, 88 years ago, by covered wagon and steamboat. O.S. Fox of Vinton, Benton County, Iowa received the wheel from his father's two sisters, Mrs. P.M. Hamilton, Long Beach, California, and Mrs. William Haues, Moulton, Iowa with the specific request that upon his death it would pass to the possession of the Iowa State Dept of History and Archives.
Loaned to Tama County Historical Society August 14, 1942. Received by Mrs. MacMartin, Tama.
|Source||Mrs. W.M. Hayes c/o Mrs. Hamilton|